Tuesday, October 22, 2013

September 17, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Hendry Blocks 7 & 22 Zinfandel

I went to Hendry winery with my wine-tasting buddy back in 2009.  At that time, they poured a couple of 2006 Zinfandels and a 2005 Cabernet.  All three were available in half-bottles and delicious.  By the end of our tasting, we were 20 minutes late for our next tasting and we dashed off quickly with a mixed case of half-bottles of these three wines.  When I opened the first bottle at home, I noticed that I had been given 2007’s of this wine instead of the 2006’s I had tasted.  The wine was a little too tannic, so I let the rest lay down for a few years.  Tonight, my patience was rewarded.  The tannins are still subsiding, but the wine is nicely balanced, with good red fruits and minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment