Tuesday, October 15, 2013

September 13, 2013 – Wine: 2003 Chappellet Pritchard Hill Cabernet Franc

This wine is tremendous.  I first tasted the 2004 vintage while visiting the winery and was entirely taken by this wine.  Then I came upon one lone bottle of the 2003 vintage in my local wine shop and bought it.  When I opened it, I adored the richness, balance, and delicious mountain grown Cabernet Franc fruit.  My mom and sister are also Cab Franc fans and immediately liked this wine as well.  Last summer, I found one more bottle among some sale items at a large Napa Valley distributor and snatched it up.  This evening, it was every bit as delicious as my previous bottle of the 2003.  This rich, smooth, balanced wine offers up nice red fruits, baking spices, and subtle minerals.  Next I have to open the last bottle of 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment