Sunday, October 20, 2013

September 14, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Boa Ventura Petite Sirah

When my sister and I discovered Boa Ventura winery and their wonderful half-bottles, she stepped aside with the winemaker who led her back to the barrel room.  There, he offered her a sample of their 2007 Petite Sirah in the hopes she would buy some on futures.  I convinced her to get half-bottles and we split the case between us.  Her share was gone within four months of delivery.  Tonight, I opened the last remaining bottle.  This bottle was by far the best from the lot.  The funky taste that is either from the soil or the barrels was gone.  The fruit was delicious and typically Petite Sirah, with black and blue fruits, pepper, tea, and leather.  I enjoy a well-rested bottle of Petite Sirah like this one.
2007 Boa Ventura Petite Sirah

No comments:

Post a Comment